Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 3 in Southern Alberta!



Hello Friends! 

Ha lots of pictures this week! Sorry there were just so many good ones I couldn't choose. Great week! Things are going just dandy down here in Raymond. I'm meeting more and more people each week, which is good ha cause I still feel like I don't any one! Raymond has a population of about 4,000 people, ha a little bit smaller than what I'm used to but I like it. 

This week we taught lots! Since I'm new in town it gives us an excuse to stop by peoples houses. Ha I have no idea how many times I've said, "Hi! I'm Sister Connor, I'm new here in Raymond so I'm going around and introducing myself to everyone, what's your name?" Ha and I'm gonna keep saying it because it's working, we're getting in with people that haven't seen missionaries for quite some time. I'm determined to meet them all! 

Our investigators are still doing good, they learning and progressing. Our one investigator we teach has a son that's baptized but doesn't come to church, he's 13 and awesome, but refuses to come. So last night as we were leaving their house I asked him if he was coming to church and he laughed at me and then said "eh... maybe  I dont know" So I stuck out my pinky to have him pinky promise me, and he said "Nahh I dont do that" Then proceeded to spit on his palm then stick his hand out for a hand shake. I was like "oh... that serious huh?" and spit on my hand and shook his. Ha I think he did it thinking I would be grossed out and refuse, I wish I had a picture of his reaction. Took him quite by surprise hahaha, his butt better be in church on Sunday! I take spit shakes and pinky promises very serious. Our other investigators are doing good too, always keeping an eye out for more though. The Gospel is for everyone to enjoy, that's Heavenly Fathers plan. That's why I've been called on a mission, to let people know that.

Yesterday for PDay we went to Waterton National Park. Holy cow......Its gorgeous. The pictures don't even do it justice. Some members from Stirling AB (the small town next to us) took us and the Stirling Sisters. We spent all day walking around in awe at all the animals and pretty sights. We saw some black bears, big horn sheep, a fox, deer, elk, and........some Tatonka! haha yep even saw some buffalo! It was so much fun!! I love it down here, everything is just beautiful!

Well guys I hope everything is going well wherever you are. I miss each of you more and more each day. I love Alberta so much, and being a missionary. They had stake conference up here in Canada this weekend (big meeting for all the members across Canada) and at the Saturday night meeting for adults they had me speak! They asked me to talk about what I'm doing to "Hasten the work of Salvation" and I said, "Serving a mission....." Hahaha then talked about what my purpose as a missionary. Which is to Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. :) It went really well, got lots of handshakes after ha, now everyone in the town of Raymond over the age 12 knows my name and why I'm here haha.

I'm so grateful for all that I've been blessed with, Heavenly Father is truly taking care of me. I love him so much. And my saviour Jesus Christ. They have done so much for me, and for you.

Scripture of the week:
Matthew 21:21-22  (Bible, New Testament) 
 21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily say unto youIf ye have faithand doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig treebut also if ye shall say untthis mountainBe thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
 22 And all thingswhatsoever ye shall ask in prayerbelieving, ye shall receive.
If you have enough Faith you can move mountains, don't doubt yourself, or God's love and power. Have the faith that your prayers will be answered. I love you all. YOU can do it NOW. Until we meet again!!








No comments:

Post a Comment