Monday, July 21, 2014

Oh Canadaaaaaa.......

June 30, 2014

Hello Beautiful Friends and Family! 

I hope all is going well, where ever you are! I don't have a lot of time this week. But things are going great up here! It started to rain again -__- Ha but hopefully it will be gone soon. This weekend and tomorrow is Canada Day weekend and I kid you not this little town of Raymond has almost tripled in size! Ha there are so many people here that came home to celebrate. It's been fun though! This Saturday we got to volunteer at the free Breakfast the community puts on. My job was serving sausage ha, I was like SWEET! It gave me an opportunity to talk and joke with a lot of people in the community, and let them know that missionaries are not these awkward robots ha. I love that kind of stuff so I was right in my element. We've just been walking around and talking to as many people as we can.

Ha the Robsons, one of my favourite families in Raymond went down to Vegas last week and brought me back a little surprise! haha Excuse my crazy hair.
HA! Awesome right!? I was so stoked! I went home an immediately hung it above my desk. So sweet of them. Ha the other picture a 2 year old named Haley took of me with my camera while we were teaching her Mom. To keep her entertained and busy while we teach I just let her empty out my backpack and play with whatever she wants, which includes my camera haha, I think she did a pretty good job.



We are trying to find new people to teach here in Raymond. We started teaching a man again this week that we had taught before and as I was talking with him about following the 10 commandments the spirit kind of just took over and I invited him to be baptised. I was like whoa! Where the heck did that come from?! But he said that after he prays about it and receives an answer that he will! So that's exciting!  Hopefully we can find some more work here pretty soon. After Canada Day a lot more people will be willing to meet with us so that will be fun! I'm hoping to get us out tracting (door knocking) this week and finding those that Heavenly Father has prepared to accept the Gospel.

I love being a missionary. I'm having so much fun! And I'm learning and growing so much! Holy cow! I am so thankful!

Sorry this email is so lame and short this week. :( I really need to get better at this.

I love and miss all of you so much! Thank you for all your prayers, love and support. It really helps!!!


Love you always!
Sister Jaynie Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment