Monday, July 21, 2014

The Sun Came Out!

June 23, 2014
Ello Lovelies!


LOOK HOW MUCH IT RAINED! Ha this is the Tatlow family, they're probably one of my favourite families in Raymond ha, they definitely take life as it is and live it to the fullest.


Ha but the rain did stop though, FINALLY. I think it ended this Friday. Lots of homes had flooded basements. And there were ponds everywhere! 

Look at the fields! The water just kept building up.



Things are going great here! Both our investigators came to church this week. One of them has a 2 year old daughter that can be pretty antsy during sacrament so of course I played with her to keep her entertained ha, I whipped out my Book of Mormon picture book, then all my stickers, ha and after all that her favorite thing was just drawing on the program paper with pen haha. I love kids so much, they're my best friends. Ha nothing I love more that just chilling with a kid. They understand the gospel so much too, I love it. It's so simple to them, ha have faith, repent, get baptized, get the holy ghost, keep doing all that and you'll live with God again. Done. Drop the mic. 

There's a family here that we help a lot that's not members. They come to church almost every Sunday though ha. Their son Donald turned 8 this weekend and they had a party at the park with all his friends and their families, who also are not members. We helped set up and then stayed. It was a lot of fun, I got our frisbee out of the car and got all the kids out in the field with us and just played. Ha they loved it. I did too ha, probably looked silly running through a field in a pink pencil skirt though. But after when everyone was eating, they all started asking us questions about the church and what we do! And we got to answer just so many questions and bust so many myths. Like the plural marriage one. I never thought an 8 year olds birthday party would be a great place to teach! It went so well. Sent them to Mormon.org where they can live chat with missionaries and ask all the questions they want haha. Loved it.



We should be safe from rain for a while, hopefully.


The Rain brought out monster worms!


This is Elder Poulter, he was one of the Elders here in Raymond with us and he got transferred. 
He also hit his 6 month mark, so before he left we had a little ceremony and he burnt one of his ties ha. It was fun!

I love and miss all of you so much. I want you all to know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the exact same church that Jesus Christ established in the New Testament. I know that it was restored and the Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today named Thomas S. Monson. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. That book has changed my life and has brought me a type of happiness that I can't even put into words. I would like to invite all of you to read the Book of Mormon, even if its a verse a day. I've calculated that if each of you read a page and a half everyday you will finish the Book of Mormon before I come home. I can promise you that as you do this you are going to feel the spirit confirm to you that it is true, and that you're faith in you saviour Jesus Christ will increase. Its true,  I promise.



I cant believe I've been out 9 months :( Where has the time gone?! Its going too quickly. I love being a missionary!

Talk to you soon!
Love you always!

Sister Jaynie Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment