Monday, July 14, 2014

Transferred?!

Hello friends and family!

Guess what?! I got transferred!!! I now live in Raymond Alberta, its a pretty small town compared to what I'm used to up in the busy city of Calgary but I love it SO MUCH! Its a cowtown so theres just animals and green grass for miles everywhere I look. My new companion is Sister Barton from St. George Utah. We've both been out now for like 7.5 months, we actually knew each other before we were companions, we were in the same MTC group! Ha we saw eachother before transfer station and I joked with her and was like "Ready to be my companion Sis Barton?!" ha then we laughed and realized that would probably never happen because we've been out the same amount of time. Then as companions were being assigned we started to look around and realize that we were the only ones left! And then President announced it, "In Raymond East, Sister Barton with her new companion Sister Connor" Ha I jumped up and ran over and gave her the biggest hug ever. It seriously feels like a dream that we're together, we've been having so much fun too! And as the days go by I notice that both of us really needed each other. We have been working so hard since I got here, I think I've told Sister Barton at least a jillion times that " IM SO EXCITED TO BE HERE! WERE GOING TO TEACH EVERYONE!" The other day I said "Barton thanks for putting up with my crazy self" To which she replied, "Thanks for being crazy" Ha, Bartons a little quieter than I am, she just smiles and says okay Sister Connor, but I know she's excited too ha. Our motto for this transfer is "Set Fire to the Raymond" haha Kinda like Adeles song "Set fire to the Rain" only we're not talking real burning fire, that's just frightening and I'm not that much of a pyro. I talking spiritual fire, the fire that burns in your chest when you know the Gospel is true, when you feel the power of the Holy Ghost and you just cant deny it. Raymond's not gonna know what to do with us. We have BIG BIG things planned here. Ha it's so small that we barely need our car, we can walk or bike anywhere. Ha so we do, my thighs are getting so much stronger thats for sure haha, its pretty difficult riding a bike in a skirt and being modest, so I wear like spandex leggings underneath ha. It's pretty comical actually, cause I'm a little too tall for my bike. But I dont even care ha, I'm so happy here. 

I was sad to leave Calgary because of all the people I had met and loved, but I know that Raymond is exactly where I need to be right now. The Lord has something planned I can feel it. The only bad thing about Raymond is that my very subtle Country accent that sometimes slips out, is coming out stronger and stronger here everyday because everyone else talks that way too! haha I have to remind myself sometimes to say the full words and all the letters ha for example; running instead of runnin' and sitting instead of sittin' Ha it'll be fun! 

I love being a missionary so much! I know I say that every week but I do! I just smile all the time because I'm just full of joy. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is answering my prayers. :) I know that what I'm teaching is true, and that the true Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored! 

I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for all your emails and letters and support. I dont know how I ever got so lucky. 

Scripture of the week:
3 Nephi 18:20-21 (Book of Mormon) 

 20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.

Remember to pray always! He's listening, I can promise you that. Talk to him.
Until next time!
Sister Jaynie Connor





This is me and Barton in the MTC together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment