Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Oh, the weather outside is frightful.....

My oh my ha, this week was intense ha. Just pure craziness, or I guess I just keep telling myself that its serendipity. I had an amazing week full of happy random events ha. But Im running out of time for my emails so I'll try to summarize it as best as I can.


ser·en·dip·i·ty
ˌserənˈdipədē/
noun
  1. the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
    "a fortunate stroke of serendipity"


Monday: Pday, so we were in Calgary for the day and played Volley ball with the Calgary West zone. Then we had dinner with our Branch Mission Leader :) We then drove out to see the Cochrane sisters and to go on splits with them in their area. It was a lot of fun! Ha, I was with Sister Schell, and not one person let us in. But it was fine because she's one of the funniest people I've ever met. :)

Tuesday: District Meeting in Calgary. It was awesome! Focused a lot on the Atonement. Super powerful and spiritual. Then me and Jones head out for Jaffray, British Columbia to go on exchanges. There was a huge storm in Banff so we had to go the long way around, crazy drive! So much snow! But we got there safely in our little malibu. Ha I was so tense from driving ha.

Wednesday: I got to go on exchanges with Sister Clabaux in Jaffray. She was born in France and is the sweetest little thing. Funny story actually, Sister Clabaux and I actually knew each other for a few weeks before our missions! Well, on Facebook haha, and we went into the MTC the same day too. :) We had a ton of fun knocking doors in a small town called Elko in a blizzard. That night me and Sister Jones then drove over to Invermere BC to stay with the sisters there. Also in a blizzard haha, it was coming down hard! But we made it, felt like we were driving for ever! We had an awesome time with Sister Shumway and Sister Matheson.

Thursday: AMERICAN THANKSGIVING! It was so hot that all the snow melted and all I wore was a cardigan, gotta love BC ha. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Matheson. She is AMAZING. Such an amazing little missionary, I learned SO MUCH from her. We had originally planned to then drive back to Canmore that night, but due to weather we had to stay another night. Which was fine, we had thanksgiving dinner that night with their branch. Yep, their whole branch! Ha Elder and Sister Rash made Thanksgiving dinner for everyone. So fun :)

Friday: Friday morning the storm was STILL raging. We were thinking of just leaving but we decided to pray about it since my gut told me not to. Holy Ghost confirmed, so we stayed ANOTHER day. By this time I was starting to run out of clothes ha but we managed. I then got to go on exchanges with Sister Shumway! Who I love dearly, she has become one of my greatest friends out here on the mission. I feel like we've known each other for years. I look up to her so much, such an amazing example. We had a great exchange and I got to meet a huge pig named Roxy. Win win. Ha since we couldn't drive back we stayed for dinner again and ate left over turkey sandwiches with the Rashs, and folded out the couch bed for a 3rd time. Good thing we love those two haha and they love us, I hope ha. 

Saturday: The weather was FINALLY good enough to drive back! Ha we came back to our area to find it had snowed almost 2 feet!!! Like no joke the snow almost went to my knees! We had a good day contacting in Banff and then went and shovelled some driveways in Canmore. WE had an amazing lesson with our investigator David. He is on date to be baptized on the 10th of January and we are so excited! We went over the law of tithing and the law of the fast with him. Went great. :D We finished our night by doing some service for our new friend Monica.

Sunday: IT WAS -37 C. -___- Thats almost -22 F for my Mericans. It was so cold it just hurt to exist. Church was good though! Me and sister Jones both spoke. Jones, agency and opposition, 2 Nephi 2. Sister Connor, endurance and oppostion related to snowboarding (obviously), 2 Nephi 31:17-21. The rest of our day was spent planning and catching up on all the things we missed when we disappeared to a different province for a week. We ate dinner with Sister Falzon (who we live with) and then head out for a lesson with Keven. 

All in all, awesome week. I really learned that Heavenly Father is in charge and that everything happens for a reason. We can choose to align our will with his and just roll with it, OR be stubborn and try to do it our own way anyways. I like the first plan :) 

I love and miss all of you so much and I hope my email wasnt too boring. THank you for everything all of you do continually for me!

Love you miss you Merry Christmas!

Sister Jaynie Connor.

xoxox




#sharethegift
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment