Monday, November 24, 2014

Where did November go?

Tomorrow is November 25, that means that I have been on my mission now FOR 14 MONTHS! What the heck? I cant believe how fast it has gone. I feel like I was in the MTC and I blinked and now I only have 4 months left!! I don't want it to end :(

I don't have much time today, so todays email will be a bit quick and most likely scatter brained.

Things are going awesome in our area. Our investigator David has agreed to get baptized!!! So exciting to see how much he has grown just in these past couple weeks! Such an amazing man. He is 74 and just proves that you are never too old to accept Jesus Christ in your life. I love teaching him because he just accepts it all, makes it so easy. He was definitely prepared by the Lord.

We have another investigator that is doing amazing as well! His name is A and we just started teaching him this week. He's also accepted everything we are teaching so far as well! He is just soaking it all up ha. He is 20 years old and moved here from India. I love teaching him because he is so real and just wants to do the best he can in this life. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week with little pictures. He loved it so much he pulled out his phone and took a picture of the diagram haha. While we were teaching him about the Celestial Kingdom he said, That is now my motivation, I want to be there, I want to be there with God and Jesus Christ. Ha multiple times during the lessons with him my mouth will just fall open with shock and the things he does and says. We found A while we were walking around last week when our car was in the shop, Heavenly Father definitely wanted us to cross paths.

I feel so blessed to be a missionary and to share my testimony of this Gospel. I know that this is the Lords work and that it is true. If you EVER see misisonaries, ANYWHERE, listen to them. If you are a member or not, listen to what they have to say. Its from God.

I love an miss you all so much! I hope you are all happy and safe. Thank you SO MUCH for all your love and support. :)

xoxo
Sister Jaynie Connor 

Scripture of the Week:

Doctrine and Covenants Section 58 verses 3 and 4.

 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory‍ which shall follow after much tribulation.
 For after much tribulation‍ come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned‍ with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

Heavenly Father has a plan for you, we cant see the whole plan, but that's where faith comes in. Trust him and just keep going. I love you and so does he!

No comments:

Post a Comment