Monday, December 29, 2014

and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hello Lovelies! Happy new year! Where the heck did 2014 go hey? Just a blur ha I hope you all had just amazing Christmas'! Such an amazing time of the year!! I never get tired of reading the Christmas Story or singing the Christmas songs. I am so thankful for the Gift of Jesus Christ. Without him we would have nothing.
Our week went by SO FAST.
Monday was our Pday and we drove in to Calgary to go ice skating at the Olympic Oval with our zone. It was a ton of fun! I hadn't been skating in forever so I was a little rusty haha. But Sister Murphy didn't know how to skate so we just took it easy and slowly made the loop. She did awesome! The Whitney's took us out to dinner that night and we had so much fun talking about their mission experiences with them. :) Bro Whitney is our Branch Mission Leader. We spent the night in Calgary so we could be there for District Meeting in the morning.
District meeting was great Tuesday morning! Focusing a lot of the Restoration this transfer :) We then made our drive all the way back up to Canmore. We had an AWESOME lesson with David on the Plan of Salvation and brought Sister Velma along with us. She bore the strongest testimony of the plan afterwards and the spirit just filled the room! It was amazing even made our investigator tear up it was so powerful.
Christmas EVE!! We didn't really have any appointments so we went and got some candy canes from the Dollar Store and then passed them out with He is the Gift pass along cards. Went pretty well! It was pretty chilly. Ha the temperature just keeps dropping up here. Im not a fan of it ha, but the work must go on. We had Christmas Eve Lasagna with Sister Falzon, it was delicious!! And we read over the Christmas story with her in the New Testament and sang hymns. It was actually a lot of fun! I love Sister Falzon, and living in her basement...haha. We ended the night by going Caroling with President Yawney and his family to members in Canmore. We even stopped by our investigator Davids house and sang him a few tunes ha he loved it. I love our branch family up here. And we ended the night of course with me reading "The Night before Christmas" to Murph in my Christmas eve pajamas ha.
Christmas DAYYYYY! I love Christmas! Such a happy day! I absolutely loved skyping with the fam. It was so good to see their beautiful faces! And hear their voices! I can't believe that on Christmas day I hit my 15 month mark of being a missionary! They just keep flying by before my blue eyes!!! And I have no idea how to slow them down! We had Christmas dinner at Sister Falzons with David too! IT WAS DELICIOUS, man I love holiday food. :) We cracked our christmas crackers and just had a great time. Watched some Christmas videos and then I taught David how to fill out a pedigree chart for family history before he had to leave for work.
Friday friday friday! AKA Boxing Day up here. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Heslop, my trainer. I can't believe she'll be done with her mission in 3 weeks! Felt like we both just started our missions back in Queensland. I missed her so much! We just had an amazing time catching up.
Saturday I took Slop up to Lake Louise for us to do some follow up contacting from me and Sister Jones. I forgot how much fun we would have working together ha just talked and laughed the whole day. We met this awesome lady who was smoking outside, I walked up to her and just started to talk, long story short she knows about mormons! Actually knew some missionaries in the Philippines. Loves what we teach. Ha she looked like she was gonna jump out her skin she was so excited when we asked her if she wanted a Book of Mormon. Hopefully some good will come of that :) The rest of our time we went up to the actual lake to do some contacting, so many people! Such a tourist place but there were people everywhere! Louise is Frozen right now so they set up a hockey and ice skating rink complete with an ice castle! Ha it was so cool! We ended our night with another lesson with David about the Restoration. So great. He said the closing prayer and it was the sweetest most sincere thing I had ever heard. I told him how much I loved his prayers and he replied, "Well, you taught me!" Made my heart happy.

Sunday was a good sunday! almost 50 people showed up to church, only 25 actually live in our area but hey we take what we can get ha. It was really cold that day! The kind of cold that hurts your eyes when you go outside ha. Gotta love Canada :)

All in all such a great week! I love being a missionary and I don't want it to ever end. I know that the Gospel is true and that God truly is our Loving Heavenly Father. He knows our thoughts and feelings and wants to help us become our best. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and that he truly died and suffered for our sins. I know that we can be forgiven through him. He's got our back when we feel like no one in the world does.
Keep being amazing! I love you all always!
Sister Jaynie Connor




Scripture of the day:

“Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more. By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will confess them and forsake them.” (D&C 58:42–43.)
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment