Monday, October 6, 2014

jeepers mister....

Hello Hello Friends! 
I never know how to start these things.....

I'm alive and breathing. :) And guess what else? IT SNOWED THIS WEEK! Like the kind of snow that sticks to the ground because there's so much. Thankfully its all gone now haha It warmed back up again and went away. I am not ready for a Canadian Winter again. Ha 
I even broke out my trusty ol' tan parka this week. I haven't put tights on yet though, I'll fight that battle as long as I can ha, I probably have another 3 weeks though honestly.

My week was great! 

Monday was Pday and me and Egs made a goal to just relax......We're always on the run on our Pdays to travel to different towns or go do certain things. So we decided that we weren't going to do ANYTHING. We emailed, did our grocery shopping, then came home and laid on the couch and just read. As nerdy as that sounds haha, we just don't get a whole lot of time during the week to just sit and read. So we did. And it was glorious. Then we went and helped Sister Roach with her business "Sweet Sheets Canada" (Facebook them), we helped her get caught up on her orders by packing and organizing for her. And because we helped she let us each choose a set of sheets to take! We put them on our bed as soon as we got home ha and they are straight up heavenly. Who knew sheets could make such a difference with how well you sleep. I'm getting the best sleep I've had my whole mission! 

Fun Fact! I cut my hair!


It's a lot different from my old hair, which almost reached my waist line, but hey I like it ha and my heads a lot lighter ;)

Tuesday was the coolest! It rained but we taught one of our investigator families. We usually teach them outside, but since it was cold and rainy I texted them and asked if we could do it somewhere else. They replied, "Still come here, we promise you wont be cold." We pulled up to find in the middle of their yard a huge tent set up. :) Made me smile so big. We went inside to find a table and chairs, a block heater, and a kerosene lantern. It was the coolest lesson setting of my whole mission. I just loved that they wanted to meet with us so bad that nothing was going to stop them, not even rain. We taught them the plan of salvation and it went great! We invited them to be baptized as well. The response we got wasn't no, but more of a not yet. So that's way exciting! 


Us in the Tent :) Of course we straighten our hair the day it rains haha.

Wednesday I got to go on exchanges with Sister Armstrong! Yep! My companion from the shawnessy ward 3 leg, she's now my Sister Training Leader. It was so fun to just sit and talk with her again. I love her so much. Such an amazing testimony of the Gospel.

Thursday and Friday are kind of a blur haha we must have been super busy if I dont remember what happened ha. I do know that Friday night we went over to the town Stirling, its about 15 km east of Raymond to help with a fundraiser for the Dominican Republic. Me and Sister Egbert were in charge of a game called, "Left, Right, Center" (Google it) We played with a ton of chocolate coins,and had an absolute blast! haha 

Saturday and Sunday were General Conference! And I loved it! So many amazing talks. I wish I could put into words how much I loved it. I also loved that the general authorities spoke in their own language! Really shows that the Gospel is ALL OVER the earth, and that it's true. I wont bore you with all the insights that I got from conference because well, they were for me, and not for you ha. Go watch it if you haven't already, you will not be disappointed. I know that Thomas S Monson is a prophet. And I know that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth. MORMON.ORG 

http://youtu.be/bewcITSOD7w This video brought tears to my eyes, and those of you who know me know that that doesn't happen very often. I recommend that you watch it.

Well until next time my lovely friends! Thank you for everything that you all do! I enjoy all your emails and letters. Gosh you guys are the best! 
Toodle LOOOOOOOO

Sister Jaynie Connor.










No comments:

Post a Comment