Monday, October 27, 2014

Lean on me....When you're not strong.....

Greetings Earthlings! Bad news kids, I have lost my memory card reader.....I'm way bummed cause I took A TON of sweet pictures this week. Stay tuned till next week I guess. /:

This week went by so fast holy cow!!!! I can't believe it! This Saturday I hit my 13 month mark of being a missionary........I could have sworn that I just hit my year mark. -___-  MAKE IT STOP! 

No seriously, the week went by so fast I don't remember what happened. So this might be the most boring email I have ever sent.

Hmmmm .....

Sister Connor Missionary Stats:
Months: 13
Companions: 11
Areas: 5
Copies of the Book of Mormon Placed: over 90, ( ha I forgot to keep track there for a while)
Copies of the Book of Mormon Placed so far in Banff: 38
Testimonies born: 

See what I did there? ;) Haha there really is no number for the amount of times that I have born my testimony out here. I feel so blessed that I am a part of this gospel and that I know my purpose and my goals. I love my Savior and all that he willingly did for me, all the love. And what I love to do is share that with people. Because, I've found that there are people, just cruising through life. With NO IDEA that Jesus Christ can take away their; sadness, depression, guilt, shame, hurt, pain, everything. In fact he already has. That's the message that us missionaries carry. That Jesus Christ has already suffered, and endured everything, for us. But, there are so many people that are doing nothing with that, and in result it's as if he never did it. I've had it explained to me like this:

Picture that one day you're just walking, and you climb to the top of a very high hill. You take a step and thump, you're at the bottom of a very deep hole. It's too far down for you to get out yourself. So you pull out your cell phone and you call your friend who lives just at the bottom of this hill. You explain the situation and he says, "Dont even worry, I'm dropping everything right now and I'll be there soon with a ladder to get you out!" So you sit there in your hole and you wait. While your friend carries and drags this heavy ladder up the hill. He finally gets there, exhausted, and he puts the ladder down into the hole. You look at it and say, "Hmmm, no thanks, I think I'm just gonna stay down here"

WHAT. Ridiculous I know! In that story the friend represents Jesus Christ, and the ladder is his Atonement. It's already been done, we are sitting in the hole right now and the ladder has been let down. But most of the world is sitting there, ignoring the ladder and choosing to stay in their dark hole. 
Ladies and gents. Get out of the hole. Climb the ladder. It's free. And you are going to be the happiest that you've ever been. Let go and turn it all over to your Saviour. He knows exactly how to help you. I promise.

Scripture of the week:
Book of Mormon ALMA 7:10-12

 10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being virginprecious and chosen vessel, whshall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the HolGhost, and bring forth sonyea, even the Son of God.
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him deaththat he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to thflesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Ha welp, ponder on that this week friends. :) Happiness IS obtainable. 


This week we did a ton of street contacting and door knocking. We've started to explore our area a bit more and went all the way up to the village of Lake Louise. We found a small street of apartments and started to try and find people to teach. We found a few potentials and gave away a few copies of the Book of Mormon, and we're going back again this Thursday :) WE MEET SO MANY PEOPLE. Taught some good lessons this week though so that's good. :)This upcoming week is going to be a busy week! We're going on exchanges twice, so I'll actually only be in my area 3 nights out of the week ha, Should be fun!! Going to Calgary and then to Cochrane to be with the sisters there. 

Sorry this email is not too exciting. We'll get em next time kid.

I love you all and miss you SO MUCH. And am so grateful for the support that you all give me! I hope you all have a magical week! 

Smile more.

Love you always!
Sister Jaynie Connor



Lake Louise. I'm spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment