Monday, August 4, 2014

It's a great day, to be alive.....


​Howdy Howdy everyone! 

I am loving life right now! :) No real words to describe it. I'm training a new missionary from Mud Lake, Idaho. Her name is Sister Egbert. So of course I call her Eggs for short. :) Its cool because my trainer was trained by a Sister Egbert and now I'm training a Sister Egbert ha, they're not related though. Sister Egbert grew up farming and ranching and even did Rodeo for Utah State. Raymond is going to love her haha. Ha we are having so much fun working and laughing together. I can tell this is going to be a great transfer ha.

This week was really good! Got in with a lot of our investigators. And Dan, from last weeks email came to church this week! How awesome right?! I was like DAN?! So great!!! This week was kind of hectic due to transfers but still a good one. We did a lot of service, helped a lot of people move. :) On Tuesday me and Sister Barton burnt our skirts to mark our half way point. Ha we were so busy that we missed our 9 month mark so we did it on our 10 month instead! Ha that pink skirt had been worn SO MUCH in the last 10 months ha so dirty and just done, ha it was time for it to die. Ha so I cant believe that it has been 10 months already. Time just keeps slipping through my fingers! I don't want it to end ha. I seriously feel like I just left the MTC and now here I am teaching some one who really did just leave the MTC how to be a missionary. I still cant believe it when I wake up. The skirt burning was fun ha, then we drove up to Lethbridge for transfers. They sent Sister Barton up North to Calgary, she's in the Shawnessy ward! (That's the ward where I served in a 3 leg)

Our mission has made August, Walk and Talk August. And as a mission we want to try and talk to 1 Million people over the whole month. So we're going to walk everywhere, and talk to everyone we see! Ha we started it this Saturday and holy cow there were some miracles. We didn't get to teach anyone while we were walking around, but cool things happened ha. We were walking along and this random truck pulls up and stops next to us, I look up and the lady says, "Hey girls! How you doing? Here go by yourself some lunch." And handed us a $10 bill. We were in shock ha, then we kept walking and started to talk to an older lady that was outside her house and she gave us $10 too! Along with a  pack of graham crackers, marshmallows, 4 cheese sticks and 2 bananas. Ha I was like what the heck is happening ha blessing after blessing. AND THEN as we were walking home we stopped at a random members house to see how they were doing and they referred us to go see their neighbors. AND THEN AND THEN as we were walking up our drive way a man stopped us and referred us to go see his neighbors too! We had only been walking for like 4 hours and all that happened. I'm so excited to see what else comes from this this month.

I love Raymond. I'm so blessed to be serving here, and to be training a new missionary. I've found that training has helped me to push myself even more to be a good missionary. We most definitely are having fun and working hard.

This weeks scripture comes from 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon: 1 Nephi 3:7

 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

As you go throughout the rest of your day I invite you to think of the things that the Lord has commanded YOU to do. And think of how you can do them, or do them better. As you do this I can promise you that you'll start to see that the  Lord will always prepare a way. If you're on the edge about something right now, get off it and choose God. Quit rebelling, it only will get harder. Follow Jesus Christs example and the commandments, only blessings and happiness will follow. :) I can sure testify of that, I've never been so happy in my life. Give it a shot. You'll never know if you don't try.

Love you always! Talk to you soon! 
Sister Jaynie Connor



Check out this awesome video on FAMILIES! Click on Families to see :)








Sorry I dont have any aftermath burning pictures of the skirts :( just imagine them gone haha

No comments:

Post a Comment