Monday, November 10, 2014

You've had an extra pair of gloves this whole time?!

 
Welp, ha finally got a card reader that worked!!! Ha that collage sums up the last 3 weeks pretty well I think haha.

Bad news, winter finally hit. :( Yep, it was -10 C this morning and it snowed all night. I finally caved and got out my boots and leggings ha, It was time.
This weeks emails going to be a bit short.
BUT I want you all to know some things.....
1. I'm alive
2. I'm healthy
3. This gospel is TRUE!
We had a dang good week for teaching. We picked up two new investigators and made some awesome progress with one of our other ones.
One of our new investigators is from Ethiopia! We gave him an Amharic Book of Mormon and he started to read and he was so surprised that two white girls had a book written in his language ha.
Our other investigator lives up in Lake Louise and we just knocked on his door. I was on exchanges with Sister Shumway at the time and while we were teaching him the first lesson he was like, "Yknow its weird that you guys are here, I was just thinking about God this morning. I want to follow him but I don't really know the right way." Pretty sure my mouth fell open.... So that was way exciting. We were teaching him in lawn chairs under a car port while it was pouring rain. I love being a missionary. End of story.
This Friday was Mission Leadership Council, so we got to drive in to Calgary. So that was fun! I got to see some of my favorite missionaries. :) And then afterwards since MLC was in one of my old areas, I took Sister Jones to my favorite chinese food place for dinner. But even better...we got it to go and I went and knocked on Sister Peters door in Evergreen. (The one we used to live with) Such a blessing to be able to see her again, I love that woman. :)
I'm kinda spacing on what else happened this week.... must not be too urgent haha.
I hope that all of you are doing well and that things are going good. Im so thankful for all of you and all that you have done for me. I want you to know that I have a testimony of this Gospel. I know that it was restored through a prophet.
scripture of the week:
Doctrine and Covenants 11:28-30
 "28 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the life and the light of the world.
 29 I am the same who came unto mine own and mine own received me not;
 30 But verily, verily, I say unto you, that as many as receive me, to them will I give power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on my name. Amen."


Receive him. And don't turn back.


I love you all! Have a marvelous week!! :)


Check out my sick new sweater!!! Yep.

xoxox
 
Sister Jaynie Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment