Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TEAM HOPE

This week was great!! ha I can't really think of a more exciting way to start out my email this week. Let me try again with more adjectives. This week was extremely snazzy and sparkly and divine. :D Much better.

Welp, quote of the week from Relief Society last week. "A skirt hides a multitude of sins..." I was like wait what did you just say?! I was the only one that thought it was funny ha. Well, me and Egbert.

Monday, the most amazing woman, Sister Cosman gave me and Sister Egbert a pedicure. It was heaven, gah our feet needed it bad after walk and talk August. And she's the funniest little thing ever so the whole time we were just busting up laughing. We had our church tour that night and it went really well! We focused on Christ this time and taught about his life. We had almost 40 people show up. 

Tuesday, I cant remember much.....ha must have went good. :)

Wednesday.....
We went to 2nd wards Activity Days and talked with them about missionary work and of course I taught them how to play Ninja after, naturally. We taught 3 teenagers like a little mission prep and taught them some teaching tips. We had interviews today and I got some AMAZING advice from President Nicholas, whoops pressed send half way through that email. 

Back to Wednesday....

President and I were talking about circumstances, and he said, "Sister Connor, the Lord always takes into account the situations were in and the level of difficulty. Just like in diving its very easy to get a perfect score on a swan dive, but the score is lower because the level of difficulty isn't very high. If you through a double back somersault, the level of difficulty is higher and the score you receive will be higher as well. You may not be perfect on your double back but the judges take into account the level of difficulty."  Absolutely blew my mind. I loved it, its so true though. I think that summarizes perfectly the balance of justice and mercy.
The Lord always takes into account our circumstances and the level of difficulty.Alma 32:22 (Book of Mormon)  "And now, behold, say unto you, and would that ye shouldremember, that God is merciful unto all who believe on his name;therefore he desireth, in the first place, that ye should believe, yea,eveon his word." 

Thursday was planning day! Always delightful ha. We had lunch with Sister Jensen and went out to the Hutterite Colony Hutterville and got to listen to the kids sing! Gah, everytime they just melt my heart. I love them so much. We also got to teach our favorites the Powelsons in 6th ward ha, they crack me up so much :) Super funny Mom with her hilarious little girls.

Friday we volunteered at Good Sams and they had a birthday party for some of their residents, one of them turned 100 years old! Friday was also the day of the Stake Fall Fair at the Stake Centre which we also volunteered at, we must of handed out 200+ hamburger buns! ha it was a lot of fun though we got to talk to so many people!  We went and taught the Tolman family that night as well, they're crack ups too ha I just love children! 

Saturday is a special day its the day we......
Saturday was great! We got permission to go to the temple again with a woman we've been working with! She finally decided to go through and receive her endowments, and it was AMAZING! She's the cutest little thing. I'm so glad that I got to be apart of it all.

Sunday Runday. Lots of church :) Lots of learning ha. We ate at the Strongs that night and ate so many ribs! ha They were delicious, we ended up teaching Ray there that night as well about 1 Nephi Chapter 8,  and about how this life is a time for us to prepare and to learn. 

Monday! We got to go into Lethbridge for a mission conference with Elder Allen F. Packer of the Seventy. It was so good! AND I GOT TO SEE MY FAVORITE SLOP (Sister Heslop, my trainer) I hadnt seen her in 9 months! 


Welp out of time ha, I feel like my emails get less and less interesting as I go through the days, ha sorry bout that. :) 

Here enjoy this awesome Mormon Message, I can promise you that it will touch your heart, maybe even answer your prayers. If you can watch endless pointless videos on Youtube, you have time to watch this. It wont be a waste of your time. Just remember that Heavenly Father does hear your prayers, he may not always answer the way you think he will, or how you want, but he WILL. We also have to remember that God has his own timing, he knows best everything that we need and what will help us most. I have a testimony of that. And I know that God lives, and that he loves his children. ALL his children. Not just a select few, but all. Remember that you are ALL children of God. He's waiting to help you, but you need to ask sometimes. If you're afraid to pray, don't be. 

I love you all, thank you for everything.

Sister Jaynie Connor

Scripture of the Day: 2 Nephi 32: 8 ( Book of Mormon )
8And now, my beloved brethren, perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth man to prayye would know that ye must prayfor the evil spirit teachetnot man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.





whoops im a mess ha here's the video

No comments:

Post a Comment