Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OMNI CAMP!

It's time for the Omni Camp post! Dun, Dun, Duhhhhhhhhh! Ha just messin' Omni wasn't that bad. Just A LOT more work. Omni is for kids ages 8-12. At Edge camp I had a cabin full of 15 year old girls. That knew how to; shower, brush their teeth, eat, sleep, take medicine, dress themselves, wear jackets, go to the bathroom, tie their shoes, and use soap. At Omni me and Chasen had a cabin full of mostly 9 year olds that surprisingly couldn't do most of the tasks listed above ha, strange right?
      So me and Chasen got to play mommy for a week! :) As much grief as our 15 little girls caused us that week. I wouldn't trade them for the world. They were so sweet and loving to each other and other campers. I love Omni because no matter where I go someone is either on my back, holding my hand, or sitting on my lap, and I absolutely adore it. The kids have to leave their parents for a week so they are super super cuddly. One night a girl even climbed into my bunk ha.
     At Omni the kids got to:

  • See the animals of Roo's n More
  • Learn about and hold many birds of prey.
  • Dissect owl pellets.
  • Tie Dye
  • Make cool paper mache masks.
  • Do a couple of the Ropes Course elements
  • and many more activities that I'm having trouble remembering now ha :)
I am so lucky to have the opportunity to work with these kids and such a great staff, I think I said this before that it was the best 2 weeks of my summer. Truly a blessing to be in their presence.







No comments:

Post a Comment