Monday, July 30, 2012

ON THE EDGE ADVENTURE CAMP!

These past two weeks I had the privilege of being a camp counselor for Clark County's Camp Lee Canyon On the Edge and Omni Camps up in Mount Charleston. Best two weeks of my summer by far! I have been coming to this camp for six years now and each year I love it more and more.....they can't seem to get rid of me. 4 years as a camper, 1 year as a Counselor in training, and 1 year as an official counselor.

On the Edge Adventure Camp:
Activities include-

  • Hiking
  • Overnight Hike/Camp out
  • Mountain Biking
  • Archery
  • Ropes/Challenge Course
  • Teen Dance
Ages- 13-15 years old

Edge camp has always been my favorite, and this years Edge camp was probably the best that I have EVER seen. We had absolutely no problems what so ever. No snotty girls, or bully boys, just a great group of kids. Sunday the day of check in we have some pretty intense rain and hail, then three seconds later it would be all sunny like nothing happened, then it'd hail again ha. The clouds move so fast up there the weather changes like instantly. Other than that we had no more rain, the weather was perfect i wore a tshirt and jeans most of the days, and even a beanie at times. 

I was in Cabin 1 along with my co counselor Chasen. Ive known Chasen since we were in about 4th and 5th grade. We went to the same elementary school, middle schools, and then the same summer camp for all that time. Absolutely love this girl, we're pretty much polar opposites but couldn't be any better friends. We had a MARVELOUS group of 13 girls in our cabin, we seriously got so lucky, they were all about 15 and pretty much took care of themselves. I loved seeing them accomplish all the tricky tasks the camp had to offer and couldn't be more proud of them! I can't wait to see what amazing things these girls grow up to accomplish.



1 comment:

  1. Great Post, Jaynie! Thanks for all the positive energy :)

    ReplyDelete