Monday, July 9, 2012

Girls Camp 2012!

Yeehaw!!!


This last week in June I got to join my ward for the Spring Mountain Stake Girls Camp..... and I had a total blast! Me, Emily, and Mom headed out on Wednesday to meet up with the rest of our girls up at the glorious HEATON RANCH, up by Alton, Utah.
The stake did a wonderful job planning the camp. The theme this year was western with the slogan being "Wanted: Virtuous Young Women", and there was cowgirl hats and saddles everywhere. The activities were even western themed! The girls got to participate in:

  • Repelling
  • Horseback Riding
  • Shooting
  • Pillow Cases for Cancer
  • Making Leather Cases for Book of Mormons
  • and many more!
My first day there I had the opportunity to be strapped at the top of a cliff to help with repelling. I spent about 4-5 hours in a harness strapping girls to a rope and talking them into simply backing off a cliff and trusting me that I would stop the rope if they fell. Sounds easy right? ha Sike! Just kidding. But no really it was a lot of fun to see the pure horror on their faces then see that change to extreme excitement as their feet hit the ground.
I love girls camp every year because all the girls are just so loving and fun to be around. Very Inspiring young virtuous young women!
Check out the youtube video I made here to get the whole experience!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl9ZDt3hqIw&feature=plcp

No comments:

Post a Comment