Saturday, March 7, 2015

Welp, Funny Story eh...

I GET TO STAY IN BANFF! Hahaha, transfers came and we all thought I was going to leave. I collected peoples contact info, took pictures, even started to pack. And......no transfer for me ha, they took Sister Murphy out instead. TOTAL curveball for everyone. Ha when I saw people at church on Sunday they almost fell over. My new companions name is......SISTER MATHESON!  Ha she just came from Invermere, BC, I was JUST on exchanges with her this week! And now we're companions, hahaha. We were so excited!!! Good things will come from this! 



I had such an amazing, miracle filled week! I don't even know if I can put it all into words! Alright here we go! 

Tuesday! 

Tuesday we were in Calgary for District Meeting! BUT before District Meeting, Elder Hill signed us all up to help clean the Calgary Temple!!! It was SO FUN. Ha I mean cleanings so exciting I know but ha when you clean the temple you don't even care! Ha its just so comforting to be inside those walls. Such a peace. Afterwards we all went and grabbed a bite to eat at Costa Vida then went and had District Meeting. :) 


 
Tuesday night I also had what I thought was my LAST dinner with the Barkers here in Canmore and I was so sad! It was like saying good bye to my own grandparents, I even had them take a picture with me. :) Boy were they surprised to see me again! haha, Bro. Barker asked me if I had a different pair of socks for everyday, to which I replied, just about :) #america





Wednesday was the day that transfer notices went out and I was SO NERVOUS. We didn't know what was going to happen. Then they came and Elder Fraser got on and said, "Well, Sister Connor you're being transferred to Banff, Sister Murphy you're leaving pack your bags" Both of us just looked at eachother wide eyed and said "WHAT?!" I was so happy though, I didn't want to leave! I love it here too much. So we packed up Sister Murphy's bags, had dinner with the Dupres then drove into Calgary. We got to meet some of the new sisters that came out and that are being trained in our Stake. There's one from La$ Vega$, :) , and one named Sister CONNORS. I was like oh boy, this is going to be so confusing. Good thing there's only two of us for 6 weeks ha. 

Thursday was transfer day and probably one of the greatest days of my life. MIRACLES ARE REAL. Since Sister Murphy was just transferred to Calgary and my companion was coming from the south, they assigned me to be with Sister Hassan, a sister going home for the day until my companion came. Well, my area is too far away to go to and she didn't have an area. So what did we do? Decided to go Downtown Street Contacting in Calgary! :) This is what it looks like from the sky ha. 

 

We drove to the car park and decided that we were going to give out 40 copies of the Book of Mormon in a few hours. Small problem, we only had about 20 in our car. :( So we called Sister Egbert and her new companion and asked them to bring us a box :) Each of us shoved about 20 in our bags, zipped up our coats, started our hand warmers and were about to leave but as I was about to put the extra copies from the box in our trunk I thought to my self, why stop at 40? I picked up the box and tucked it under my arm and took it to the Station. Ha in total we had 52 copies of the Book of Mormon in our possession, and boy can I tell you our bags were heavy. But we decided we were going to get rid of ALL of them, no matter what. We wanted to get on the train with empty bags. We got off the train after already handing out 1 and said a prayer and told Heavenly Father what we were planning to do, then hit the ground running, almost literally ha. And we talked to EVERYONE that crossed us, no matter who they were. We worked our butts off, I looked like a street vendor with my box. We took a pen and wrote "FREE" on the side. :)  And one by one, the books started to disappear out of the box, then we'd load more out of our bags, and they would disappear again. This process kept repeating until we looked down at our box AND THERE WERE NONE LEFT. We gave out 52 COPIES of the Book of Mormon in 2.5 hours. That's IMPOSSIBLE. But, nothing is impossible with God's help. It felt AMAZING. We were in utter disbelief as we drove back to transfers. Strengthened my faith SO MUCH, this work is real and nothing is impossible. We can help with miracles, if we have the faith Heavenly Father will place those prepared in our path. And that day it was 52.  

I got Sister Matheson and then drove back to Banff! ha the whole drive pretty much went like this. "Dude! I can't believe it! I'm so excited!" "I know me toooooo! This is going to be so great!"......................AND REPEAT for an hour hahah. We're stoked. 

This weekend we sat down and set some goals for the area. After that experience with Sister Hassan, I know that we can accomplish ANYTHING. So we decided what we thought was possible then asked for Heavenly Fathers help in receiving revelation to make a plan. And boy did we plan, right down to the very hour of every day this transfer, we know what we need to do to make our goals happen. I love Matheson!! We get along and work together SO WELL. :) I'm so excited for this next transfer. 

The church is true! I know this with all my heart. I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know its the word of God. I inviteYOU to read it, and to pray about it. God will tell you yay or nay, don't take my word for it, find out for yourself :)

Love you Miss you! 
xoxo
Sister Jaynie Connor

Moroni 10:3-5 

 Behold, would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, thaye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it iyour hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, would exhort yothat ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are notrueand if ye shall ask with sincere heartwith real intenthaving faith in Christhe will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power othe Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the HolGhost ye may know the truth of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment