Monday, March 23, 2015

Faith without works is dead. Works without Faith is also dead my friends...

Hello Lovelies! :)
This week was just straight up amazing. I just feel so blessed. Blessed with such a beautiful fun area, blessed with an awesome companion, blessed to be a missionary, everything. Everything is just GREAT. :)
I don't know really what else to tell you ha. Miracles are real. We picked up 2 more new investigators this week and handed out 20 copies of the Book of Mormon in the Bow Valley. Those that we are teaching are doing great and asking just so many amazing questions! My personal favorite is definitely, "Well, how do I repent?" That question makes me so happy as a missionary. Because, you know they're starting to get it. They're starting to understand that not only do they need to change, but that they can. That all the sins, mistakes, loneliness, despair etc. that they've carried around on their shoulders for years, can be taken away through Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I just love teaching so much, especially when the message we're sharing is literally the MOST EXCITING NEWS. Who ever you are, where ever you are, listen to the missionaries. Even if its just for a second, you will feel the spirit and you will KNOW that they teach the word of God. There have been countless times out here when I've been teaching, and it hasn't been me yknow? The Spirit teaches through us, we just carry the message to you and act as vessels for the Spirit. Listen and you will see. :)
I got to see 3 of my mission heroes this week. Sisters McDade, Harris, and Shumway came up for a visit and we got to spend some time with them! :) Me and Matheson really love and look up to them so much, such amazing examples to us out here. But it was so fun because they went on splits with us for an hour and helped us find some more people to teach!! It was so good to see them and spend time with them, it's like seeing your own sister after a long while. :D
The weather was weird this week ha, one day I had on flats with no tights and was just enjoying the sunshine. This morning? 4 inches of fresh snow. Yeah, I dont get it either. #Alberta
I feel like I learned SO MUCH this week. Time is flying but also going by slowly. I love this gospel so much, I know its true. I don't have a doubt in my mind that its not. Sure I have questions about things, and dont understand all of it all the time. But I know its true. Cannot be explained. The only proof I have is my testimony and the answer I received from the Holy Ghost. And that's the only proof ANYONE is ever going to get. But, they will get it. We're promised it.
I know this letter is not exciting, ha, and I apologize. But this week was so spiritual and great I know that no amount of words can describe it!
Love and miss you all SO MUCH. Don't worry, I might be finishing my mission soon, but I want you all to know I'm finishing strong. I want to step on that plane knowing I did ALL that was in my power to invite others to come unto Christ.

Keep being amazing! Thanks for all the love and support! Love and miss you all!
Sister Jaynie Connor
Scripture of the Week:
Moroni 7: 11-12

11 For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water;
wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil.  12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an

enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

Pay attention to your thoughts and feelings :) That's how He speaks to us.


PICS: We went hiking this morning with the Wrights over at Bow Summit by Bow Lake! SO FUN and SO PRETTY! Made my heart ache for my board though /:

No comments:

Post a Comment