Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Somewhere there's a mountain.....

Hello my lovelies!!! Happy second week of January? Ha. Sorry for no email last week! This week was eventful! Holy cow, life of Sister Connor.

Most of it is a blur but I will tell you what I remember from each day :)

Monday was Pday and we spent most of it setting up our new missionary Facebooks. I am so excited for online proselyting! And I expect lots of posts and messages from all of you! Ask me about the church! I only get to be a missionary for 12 more weeks, so ask away! :) Honestly it was a little strange going back into the Facebook world, especially as missionary me. So different. But I'm excited to share the Gospel through the social media world!! Feel free to share or post on any of the things I say on there!

Tuesday me and Sister Murphy gave a training in our Zone Training Meeting on Companionship Study. Each day as missionaries we study for an hour by ourselves and then an hour together. So we just did a short training on how to make that better. Went well!

Wednesday I was on exchanges with Sister Gonzalez from Quebec! I love that girl! We've served around each other before and just have the same sense of humor, so it was a blast! I randomly started to have pain in my abdomen through out the day and as we were driving to the chapel that night the pain just got to be unbearable. We got to the chapel and made sure that everything went well with Davids Baptismal Interview  and it did! He did awesome! And after talking with our Mission Nurse decided that I needed to go to Emergency. Ha perfect right? So we got there and checked me all in and the pain wouldn't stop, after a while they found me a bed and started running tests and pumping some pain meds into me. I was weirdly calm for all of this ha. And the tests showed no results for anything, as far as the medical world was concerned I was fine. But the pain still happened, so they let me sleep for a little bit and then sent me on my way. I just couldn't understand it! Ha we went in around 730pm and we out by 12:30 AM. The more I sit and think about it someone in that hospital needed something from us, I believe we were there for a reason. Because there are practically no members in Canmore so when everyone saw my tag they HAD to ask who I was. I got to bear my testimony and share the message of missionary work with; my doctor, his assistant, the lady at the desk, and my nurse. While they were doing the tests they asked me all about why I was here and what I was doing. I may not see the fruit of it just this moment, but 4 seeds were definitely planted that night. I'm fine now ha, no pain at all!


Ha they had no rooms, so they put a bed in their cast room for me :) We thought of Luke 9:58

58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the airhave nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head

Thursday was good! I got to say good bye to one of my favorite sister missionaries before she headed home. Sister Shumwayyyyy! She has been such a great example to me my entire mission and though I said she's not here anymore I know Heavenly Father has great things in store for her in Utah. :)

Saturday DAVID GOT BAPTIZED!! And it was so amazing and spiritual. I am so proud of him! He was GLOWING when he came out of that water! He is such an amazing man and it was so great to be a part of the start of his conversion. I am so grateful for my membership in the church. There is so much more after this life that we don't even know about, but baptism is that first step. I love helping people come even ONE step closer to their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ while here on earth set the ultimate example that we need to follow, and was himself baptized by John the Baptist in the River Jordan.




Sunday David received the gift of the Holy Ghost! And that was just incredible. To see him receive that gift through the laying on of hands of someone who has the priest hood authority to do so. The Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit can help us SO MUCH in this life, it has influenced my life and my choices so much and I'm so excited for David to now have that constant companionship. Me and sister Murphy spoke in church about how Baptism relates to the atonement, AND taught young womens. The whole sunday was seemed to all point back to that we do have a loving Heavenly Father, he knows us and our hearts, and he wants to hear from us. Here's a video that we shared with the young women that talks about prayer!

http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/prayer-4

I love and miss you all so much, I hope you know that. I am so glad to be a missionary. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He lives. I know that this Gospel is the true Gospel, and that Jesus Christ has called a prophet in this last dispensation.

Its okay to believe in God....even if its not cool. :) Keep being amazing out there! Thanks for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment