Monday, January 26, 2015

Ice AGE 16

Hello my beautiful family and friends! Happy Monday! It must be a miracle, its +10 degrees celsius out side and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven ha. It feels so much like spring outside right now! Man I've missed me some sunshine and warmth!
Alright alright alright alright! How was the week you ask!? Welp, lemme just tell you!
Instead of boring you with the day by day thing I'm just going to start to tell you the really cool things that have been happening ha.
David is doing awesome and is soaking up so much knowledge. The Banff Branch is so lucky to have him! :) We've been teaching him lessons from the Gospel Principles manual. And it has been so fun. I've found that I've been learning a lot as well! David also took us out to dinner this week at Boston Pizza. Only a member a week and he's already feeding the missionaries! Such a great guy. :D
We picked up 2 new investigators in Canmore this week! So that's wayyyyyy exciting for us! We're hoping to teach them more this week. Both of them me and Sister Jones found one night in October when we were out knocking on doors and giving out copies of the Book of Mormon. And we've just been checking up on them every since and this week they agreed to learn more! So fun!
I went to Cochrane this week on exchanges with Sister Schell from Huntington Beach, California and had a blast. That girl has got to be one of the funniest people I've ever met. We had a great time trying to contact people and doing service. We even found this sweet elephant while tracting! haha. I had to.  


 
Saturday we volunteered at the Banff-Lake Louise Snow Days Ice Magic Festival! ALL DAY. And it was so fun! Me and Murphy worked at the Little Chippers event down in the Village of Lake Louise. Kids, for free, were able to try doing some ice carving of their own on little ice blocks. It was so fun to see what they would come up with. And I swear almost 1 out of 4 people were like, "hmmmm I'm gonna make a heart" LOVE IS IN THE AIR! Ha really though. By the end of the day we were straight exhausted but it was so much fun we didnt care. I love doing service in the community. And it was sweet because I was able to see a lot of the people that we've tracted into up there and have good talks with them.  
 
 

That's pretty much all for this week folks! I love and miss you so so so so much. I hit my 16 month mark yesterday and I cannot believe it. I still feel like I just left the MTC. I guess time flies when you're having fun?
I know that this is where I need to be. I know this gospel is true and I get so happy when I get to share it with those around me! Heavenly Father loves you! And knows you! You got this!

love you bye!
Sister Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment