Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It has been so cold and snowy again! I got like one week of spring happiness, then Calgary froze over again. This week was so good! It went by so fast though. The farther along I get in my mission the quicker time seems to go. Today I have been out now for 6 months!! Say what?! ha That means I only have 12 more left to make amazing!! Time is running out! Tomorrow is transfers and me and Sister Armstrong both got transfer emails. It will be a surprise where I end up ha. I feel like over the past 6 months Heavenly Father has taught me how to be adaptable with all the changes I've gone through. I'm excited.

This week we taught Bernard again, and he came to church!. ( The man from Ghana) That guy really knows his Bible. Ha before we started to teach him Sister Hooker asked "Is it okay if we say a prayer?", ha but Bernard must have heard "Will you say a prayer?" Ha he bowed his head mid sentence and started to pray. Ha me and Armstrong just looked at each other like oh! uhhh.... and then bowed our heads haha. AND THEN he like whispered his amen at the end so we didn't hear it so were just sitting there on the couch heads bowed in silence. Finally I opened one of my eyes and was like "oh! amen!" haha took all I had to not giggle the whole rest of the lesson. Ha I am THE WORST at containing my laughter once it starts now. Last night we were teaching a family home evening lesson and this little 4 year old boy was sitting on his knees on the chair next to me at the table. So Sister Armstrong's teaching the lesson and explaining how we can bless our families and he just rips this huge fart right in the middle of it. I was like whoa!! ha it like startled me it was so loud. Ha but I didn't want to laugh cause his parents didn't laugh, ha then he whispers "EXCUSE MEEEEEEE" , I could barely talk the rest of the lesson because if I opened my mouth I would just laugh uncontrollably. I love the kids in my areas, they are so cute and funny and I love to just lay on the floor with them and play with their Ninja Turtles and dinosaurs. These are the Crawleys, they are so much fun and so entertaining, and they're American, so I really like them .
We went to the temple this week! it was amazing! Of course it was a full on winter storm though the whole way there /: A lot of members of my old ward work at the temple and I got to see them!!! I was so happy! I just gave them huge hugs.

Last night a Filipino family in our ward taught us how to make spring rolls from scratch! They were delicious I'm pretty sure I ate at least 25, before the meal even started! ha when you roll them if they break you get to eat them. Ha and since it was our first time, lets just say we ate a lot of them. So good though, I left so full!


Well, I love you all so much! Talk to you next week!


Scripture of the week:
Nahum 1 :7 from the Old Testament


Love you always!

Sister Jaynie Connor


No comments:

Post a Comment