Monday, January 28, 2013

Aca-scuse me?

Hello friends!!

I hope all of you doing absolutely splendid! So let's update you a little bit on the happenings in Jaynie Connor's life recently shall we?

For starters, I got my patriarchal blessing last Sunday!! Exciting stuff right? For those of you who do not know what that is you can check it out here, Patriarchal Blessings, but it was the best experience of my life so far and I am so glad that I was able to receive it. A lot of things were thrown in my trying to stop me from receiving this blessing though, which made it even more special when I was finally sitting in that chair. :)

So the story begins with me waking up for work on Saturday morning..... late. Ha terrific start for the day. So I get ready to go and me and my friend Ashley hop in the car. We fill up on gas, and get on the I-15. We get a little out of town and car makes a weird "erggghhhhh" sound, it stopped then didn't go again. Puzzled I look at Ash like, "did you hear that?" Everything looked fine so I kept driving, then a couple miles later the car makes high pitched squeaking noise and goes away. I was starting to get a little nervous. So I go to switch lanes and guess what? I have no more power steering. So my freak out level goes up a little bit, but not enough to stop driving. As we get to Parowan, my battery, ABS, and brake lights are now on. But, for some reason I keep driving. I make it all the way up to Brian Head, and believe me, with no power steering was quite a task. My shoulders and arms were sore. We finally make it to work and get a half day lesson.

Mom and Dad were in Panguitch so me, Ashley, and Christie, had planned to spend the night over there with them. We start the car, still no power steering, I just made a mental note to mention it to dad when we got into town that night. So we make it down the mountain to Pang. Mom's making dinner and we start to help, then I remember my steering so I mention it to my dad. He heads out to take a look. About five minutes later he heads in with my serpentine belt, which had completely snapped off. This is a huge problem, once your belt breaks supposedly your car is only supposed to run for two miles before your car shuts off completely or overheats and causes severe damage. Remember I heard the noise all the way back by Cedar, I had made it to Brian Head, AND Panguitch. Pretty impossible right?

So now we had a big problem, my car could not be driven. Which was a problem because me and Christie worked that next morning and the plan was for me to drive us there, then we would meet Ashley and my parents over in Cedar at 4:30 for my blessing. Now what? It was mentioned that I should cancel the blessing and just get it at another time, but I didn't want to do that. So Ashley came up with a plan, she offered to take my shift at work so that I could take my dads truck to Cedar and go buy a new belt, then return to Panguitch and fix the car, then make it in time for the blessing. Sounded pretty good right?

The next morning we headed out for Brian Head. So we're driving, and we get about half way there and some dear start to run across the road. I stop let them go by and start driving again, then out of no where, BOOM, I hit the straggler that was trying to catch up to the group.  I tried to angle the car at the last minute so the deer didn't come flying up over the hood. This is how I felt --->
I got out to inspect the damage, it had cracked my Dad's front grill and headlight, and another "grillish" thing. But all in all not too bad, it could have been much worse. All I could think was, "my dad's going to kill me." So we continued our ride up the mountain in pure silence. Me, being angry at the entire situation, and Ashley and Christie, absolutely mortified that I had just killed a deer.

I finally drop them off at work, and make my descent down to Cedar, I stop at Autozone grab me a new belt, fill up on gas then head back up the mountain. Turns out I wasn't scheduled for a lesson that day, which meant Ashley was just up there doing nothing, so I went and picked her up on my way back to Panguitch. We get to town and me and my dad start to put the belt on, we get it wound up the way it needs to and I start the car. The belt starts smoking. If you look to the left of your screen it might
help you to visualize what my face looked like. I turn the car off and we start to think of what could be wrong. We take the belt off, and it turns out the issue was my Idler pulley. Dad took it off and we looked inside and the ball bearings were squished and had been grinding against the side, there were also random pieces of scrap metal falling out as well. Great right? It's now 2:30 pm, so we call Autozone and they set aside a new idler pulley for us, we put on our Sunday best and load up in the car, it's now 3:00 pm. We get to Cedar at 4pm, Dad runs in grabs the pulley, we drive to my house to drop off Ashley, and go to the patriarchs home. We get there at exactly 4:31pm. We made it, I was there, everything was alright, and I was going to get this blessing. And I did :) And I loved every second of it.

 I am so grateful that I was able to receive it, even though all those things were thrown in my way.

Thanks for reading! Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment