Tuesday, April 7, 2015

It's the Final Countdown....

 I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS RIGHT NOW! 

Where the heck did time go!? Today is my last and final Pday. I return home to the hot desert this weekend! :) 

It's a bitter sweet moment for sure. Coming on a mission was the best decision I have ever made. Hands down. It was the best thing I could have ever done for my life! I love this gospel more and more each day! It is so true, and everlasting! Thank you so much to all of you who wrote, emailed, prayed for, and supported me! I really could not have done it without you. :) 

This last week was AMAZING. There were literally mini miracles each day. We picked up 3 new investigators this week! And it was amazing. I definitely learned to power of just inviting this week. Because that's how all the miracles happened, we just opened our mouths and simply invited.  

Miracle 1:

Lets call him Big C. We had an appointment at 11 o'clock at the Rec Centre here in Canmore and we got here around 10:20, so we decided to walk down the street to main street and do some street contacting. Before we left I said a prayer that Heavenly Father would place some one in our path that was ready to hear the Gospel. As we were walking we stopped quite a few people and made some pretty good contacts, nothing out of the ordinary though, but then, as we were walking back we came to a corner and this man came around it. Our paths literally crossed. We started to talk to him about the Book of Mormon and he was so intrigued! He even got so excited and recognized something was different. We helped him to see that it was the spirit. He took the book and asked us when our next class was because he wanted to learn more. When we told him what we did he said, "Okay, tomorrow same time, that bench, I'll see you then" !!!! We just looked at eachother like what the heck just happened?! Welp, went back the next day. And he had read, had questions, and even brought a notebook to take notes! He loved everything we taught! I'm so excited to see what happens with him. Our paths crossed for a reason, and I'm so glad we opened our mouths!

Miracle 2:

Lets call him Lil B. Saturday afternoon in between conference sessions me and Sister Matheson decided to go street contacting in Banff. The weather was gorgeous and people were out everywhere. As we were walking we tried to talk to everyone, but an unexpected lull came and we were alone walking down a random street. As we walked past an intersection I saw a guy riding towards us on his bike. I then had an internal battle with myself and the spirit on whether or not I should talk to him, I was afraid to stop him because he was on a bike! Finally I listened and walked over and flagged him down. He stopped. And he listened. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and how it brings us closer to Christ. Then we invited him back to conference with us. He had work. So we invited him to Sunday's sessions. He had work. So we invite him to the 6 o'clock priesthood session that night. He said he would come! 6 o'clock came around and no sign on Lil'B, but it was SNOWING, hard. But at 6:15 we looked in the chapel and there he was, snug in between 2 other brothers, watching the Priesthood session. :) We smiled so wide I'm sure they went from ear to ear. After the session we came back and talked with him. HE LOVED IT. Said he felt like we were his family but he had just known us a few hours. Turns out he rode his bike through the snow storm because he knew he needed to be there and could not miss this! He's in his 20's and is from Jamaica. We taught him more about the Book of Mormon that night with some other members and guess what? He's on date to be baptised this weekend! MIRACLES ARE REAL, JUST OPEN YOUR MOUTH. 


I'm out of time but I cannot wait to hug and see you all! Thank you for everything! 

Church is true!

Sister Jaynie Connor
 
Brother Becker and Elian's first time at the temple was this week for the Branch Temple Trip!

Canmore means big head, so it's only fitting that they have a GIANT head on main street. #hessleeping

The Yawney Family

Every Tuesday since we've been companions Sister Matheson and I have worn Red, White, and Blue. #AmericanTuesday #itsathing

No comments:

Post a Comment