Monday, February 23, 2015

Bring it on back!




Whoa alright sooooo, totally sorry that I didn't update or email for the longest time. For whatever reason I decided to take a break. But DONT PANIC I'm back now.

This week was great! Ha busy as always but busy is good, right? Heck yeah, especially for a missionary. We had a lot of exciting events this week.

Last Sunday our friend Shirley came to church with us! She came to hear Murphy sing in the choir and me play violin! It was so exciting to see her there and she seemed to really like it! She stayed for Relief Society and even the Linger Longer afterwards. :) I love when the people we invite to church actually come.

This week we went on Exchanges with the Sisters out in Invermere, British Columbia. SO FUN. They are so great! There's Sister Matheson from Salt Lake City, UT and Sister Durrant from Cedar Hills, UT. And they're a blast ha there wasn't a dull moment in the whole 24 hours. I got to go with Sister Matheson again, we've both been in our areas for a long time so this was like our 4th exchange with each other. But it's all good because she's amazing. We had a lot of fun tracting, walking, and talking. While I was there we taught these 2 girls that were interested in meeting with the missionaries to learn more about religion. So we met them at Tim Hortons, and taught them the Restoration. Most intense lesson of my whole mission! It was a pretty thick discussion, and they had SO many questions! They're both awesome Christian women who really know their stuff and their Bible. It was probably my favorite lesson that I've had my whole mission, really put me and my faith to the test. In the end I when we were getting off topic and caught up on small details I was just like "Look, none of this really matters. But I know that what we've taught is true." And I ended up telling them my conversion story, even down to the details of going on the Pioneer Trek. ;) Long story short,  They agreed to meet with us again in the end of it and to read and pray. To really try and see. After the lesson me and Matheson were walking to the car and just looked at each other and smiled. It's so great to know that the Gospel is true, that Christs Church really is restored. That its all real. I love this Gospel so much! And I love trying to share it with others!

 Sisters Murphy, Durrant, Matheson, Connor

Me and Math, I just adore her! :)

Friday we decided to go up to the Village of Lake Louise cause it had been fo'eva since we had made it up there. LL is about an hour away so we choose very carefully and methodically when we go. WE have an investigator out there, Rick. Who me and Sister Jones found tracting way back when in October. Such a sick guy. Loves Christ and wants to follow him so much. But any who, his days off are wednesday and thursday usually, but we had things going on but figured we'd come out to LL anyways and maybe catch up with some other contacts. We were knocking on doors on his street and we heard a car pull up beside us. "Hey girls! How's it going!?" It was HIM. Work had conveniently given him the day OFF. :O So I was like".....hey! We're on our way to see you! Have time for a chat!" And we got to teach him! First time since Sister Shumway and I taught him back in November! MIRACLE. Committed him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, following up next week. So sick.


Afterwards since it decided to of course snow while we were walking, me and Murph had a little photoshoot as we made our way back to the car.

We volunteered at the Canmore Kid n Mutt Races this week for the town of Canmore. SO FREAKING FUNNY. hahah enjoy!




We had another visit with our friend Shirley this week! She's doing awesome! I love sitting and talking with her, such an intelligent woman.


This week our recent convert/adopted Grandfather David received the Aaronic Priesthood!!!



We're so proud of him! The WHOLE BRANCH family was there to see it happen! AND AND AND! He wore the tie that we bought him!! I have LOVE LOVE loved watching the change and progression of Brother Becker. He has truly let Christ into his life and isn't looking back!

Welp, not much else to say! We went hiking this morning!! In Banff with the Zone Leaders, Mandarin Elders and a Sister from Calgary! We hiked Tunnel Mountain. WAY slick in spots ha but SO FUN here's some fun pictures!!



Don;t mind the gross gash on my leg, rock jumped out and shanked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment